Completing my second feature film is a seemingly-neverending process because:
My time-management skills are atrocious.
I am completing every stage of this feature film without the benefit of money.
I am doing this completely on my own.
I don't want to say much about the movie atm, but I can reveal that it was made under the Pink8 manifesto, detailed below:
- Film school is poison.
- Look for street superstars to be your cast.
- Your film must be made on no budget, just sporadic money.
- The director must raise "get-by" money by finding a job that challenges their ethics.
- The director must have a main character role in the film.
- Short films are NOT acceptable, it MUST be a feature.
- The cast must NOT know what your film is about.
- Filming must be done without any preparation or a traditional script.
- Your film must be 95% improvised.
- Special lighting is not acceptable.
- No HD Cameras
- No 3D
- No Green Screen
- The director must edit the film alone.
- Mistakes are beautiful.
- Continuity is wrong.
- Bewildering, vague, self-indulgent, plot-less, risky, egotistical, limpid, raw, ugly, and imperfect are perfect.
- Technical film experience is inessential.
- Answer to one person only—yourself.
I'm expecting it to be done
by early June in 2017 before I die.